Friday, April 4, 2008

A Vocation to Love (By Keeping House)

It seems that everyone is talking about this powerful post by Elizabeth Foss. Every wife, mother or wife-to-be should read it. If you haven't, you are seriously missing out.

Every word that I think of to describe it falls short in some way. Moving: yes, but more than that. Critical, no because it was more of a positive thing. Encouraging: not exactly. Oh, how I want to put her all words of wisdom to practice immediately. Unfortunately, things like this take time to perfect or we might burn out, as Nutmeg alluded to. (Her post is very good too; read it if you have the time.)

For me, I know I need to improve on my usual standards and I have to figure out the best way to do that. I have read a lot of blogs and websites about the best ways to keep the perfect house, and I know that some people's ideas won't work for my family as well as others. I think I will start by walking around with a critical eye and start with the first thing that I see that ought to be done. Over time, hopefully I will develop some sort of system to help me persevere.

St. Anne, pray for us.

No comments: