Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bananas for Boys?

This CNN article claims that eating lots of bananas will help you to conceive a boy. I must admit I am a little skeptical. It didn't give any statistics about the study at all. Since the normal boy:girl birth ratio is about 51:49, I wonder what it was in this case? If it only went up a couple points then it may have been a fluke. On the other hand, if the ratio went up significantly, I might start eating bananas by the bunch if I don't get any more sons.

This reminds me of an antic dote a pregnant friend relayed to me. She said that when she and her husband told her non-Catholic NFP-ignorant inlaws that they were expecting, the inlaws asked if she wanted a boy or girl. She said that she wanted a boy but based on the time of conception thought she was having a girl. She told me there was dead silence and looks of utter disbelief on their faces. I guess they didn't know the benefits of charting. ;)

2 comments:

Flannery said...

Did she have a girl? I didn't know charting helped you figure that out.

Hélène said...

No, unfortunately she had a miscarriage.