Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fun with Cards


I love cards. When I was small my mother taught my brothers and I how to play Go Fish. Later at family reunions the young people played several rounds of Spoons each evening. Cousins from about age seven or eight all the way up into their late teens would gather for this game. The older cousins would be partnered with the little ones to help them learn the game and to give them a chance at winning.

My two year old is too young to remember the rules of even the easiest card came, but he still loves cards. He will go through them and put them through the paper shredder point out the different numbers he recognizes. I look forward to the day that I can teach him the various card games I know and love. Maybe someday he will teach his own little siblings and cousins how to play Spoons.

No comments: