Friday, January 25, 2008

I am such a nerd, sometimes I shock even myself

For Christmas Happy Boy received a set of unit blocks. I didn't think too much about their actual name but just thought of them as "blocks".

One day we were playing with the blocks and out of curiosity I thought I would see they would fit together for the Pythagorean Theorem. They did! They really were "unit" blocks!


When that worked, I got way too excited and took the large triangles and started showing Happy Boy all the blocks they were equal to apart, and all the blocks they were equal to when placed together. (There are lots of other blocks in addition to the ones pictured.) He had no idea what I was talking about, but it made me so happy that I had to tell my husband when he got home.

Scary, isn't it?

3 comments:

Mrs. Bear said...

Actually, that sounds really cool. My hubby and I are nerds too. :-D We have a couple sets of similar blocks, and the kids love them.

Flannery said...

Wow, now I'm wondering what other kinds of blocks you have. Did you make any gnomons?

nutmeg said...

OOh.... maybe they have some that build the icosahedron!

Finally, we are all nerds.

:)