Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Thunder Goes Rolling Along


This is the third night in a row that we have had horrible thunderstorms. Every day it is beautiful and sunny and every night it sounds like there is heavy artillery going off the next block over. And according to the weather reports, it's not going to stop before Sunday.

I don't mind the thunder and lightening and heavy rain too much. In fact, as long as I am safely at home, I love the sound of the rain coming down and moderate thunder. The problem is that we have had two tornado warnings since Reeda was born and they usually come during these types of storms. I'm not too keen on packing up two children to go downstairs and bang on a neighbor's door for shelter. Especially when I am alone and my husband is in class. If that concern was non-existent, it would be so much easier to appreciate the sounds and sights of a thunderstorm.

No comments: