Monday, January 29, 2007

Children's Books


My husband and I both love children's books. C. S. Lewis once something along the lines of "Any book that is worth reading at age ten is worth reading at age fifty." In other words, a good book is a good book, regardless of age.

Ever since I first got pregnant I have been collecting children's books. Mostly they have been picture books, but also chapter books that my husband or I remember fondly from our childhood. We now have a nice sized collection of picture books (but it can always be improved because there are never too many books!) and a decent number of chapter books.

Oftentimes we enjoy children's books even more than adult books. Since our finances are limited, we just browse the books at thrift stores and garage sales for decent ones (and by "decent" I mean both in physical and literary quality) and if the price is right we get them.

No comments: