Monday, April 30, 2007

Yes, the Baby Finally Came . . .


Only seventeen days late and in the form of a girl. She was 8lbs, 11 oz and 20 ¾ inches long. For those of you who are interested, I had a wonderful, easy delivery at a nearby birth center. My labor was just over three hours and not nearly as painful as before. (From what I have heard, oftentimes very short labors are more painful. Happily, this was not the case.)

Happy Boy calls her "Baby" most of the time, although sometimes he calls her "Reeda". I think I will call her Reeda here as well. There has been almost no sibling rivalry. The glaring exception is that frequently when we change her diaper, he tells us that he needs one as well even though he doesn't.

1 comment:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

That middle picture is just adorable! Congratulations mama!